The Typical Timeline
The following is the typical order and timeline of events that a couple goes through during pre-marital counseling.
Once a couple is engaged
1. Read and understand our principles in the pre-marital process. Click here.
2. Call the church office to talk to the assistant for pre-marital counseling. She will explain the process and give you the link to a couples questionnarie to complete.
3. A tentative wedding date is set on the church calendar.
4. An interview with a pastor will be scheduled once your application has been received.
5. The application is reviewed by the pastoral team and direction is given.
Once the above steps are complete, the six-month lead time begins.
1. When approved the wedding date is confirmed when the office wedding packet is received.
2. The pre-marital counseling coordinators receive written information on the couple.
3. The engaged couple is assigned to one of our pre-marital ministry couples and 6-8 sessions begin when a mutually acceptable schedule is set.